From: Wismar, John (john.wismar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-26 11:35:17

On the other hand, that makes it very inconvenient to use redundant include
guards. (See "Large Scale C++ Software Design" by John Lakos, section 2.5.)

If the include guards are generated from the filename, then the file system
itself can be used to guarantee the uniqueness of the macro.

John Wismar
Architect, Software Development
AllData, a division of AutoZone
mailto:jwismar_at_[hidden]