From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-02 08:57:11

Hi all,

It now supports native IO streams and STLport IO streams. I tested it with with the following build settings and it worked for both the thread library and the regexp library without any problems. All sources were taken from CVS.

STLPORT_ROOT_4_0 ?= C:\\src\\STLport\\STLport-4.0 ;
STLPORT_ROOT_4_5 ?= C:\\src\\STLport\\STLport-4.5 ;
TOOLS = msvc-stlport ;
COMMAND_FILES = 1 ;

BUILD = debug release
        <threading>multi
        <runtime-link>dynamic
        <rtti>off
        <stlport-iostream>on/off
        <stlport-version>4.0/4.5
        ;

I'm pretty sure it won't work without command files (it didn't work on my system) so you need the latest build system updates to use it.

Things left to do:

- Create a compiler independent STLport jam file which is able to extend any given toolset. I don't know if this is possible, though.

- Handling of other STLport versions (betas, bugfix releases) which don't affect link compatibility.

- Support for different STLport configurations (all these defines in stl_user_config.h) Handle them in the toolset or leave it to the user?

Markus