From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-11 17:00:43

I note that we do not seem to be testing MSVC6 with the Dinkumware 3.08 STL.

Anyone using MSVC who is NOT using this is missing a major trick, IMHO, for
a very modest marginal cost, and complexity.

There are many, many corrections/improvements to the version released with
MSVC including all SPs. I have found several things which fail to compile
with the MS release (which is DInkumware 2.something), but which do compile
with newer STL code.

This code, with further corrections, will of course be released with MS
version 7.

Could we do this in future perhaps? A review copy might be forthcoming?

Paul

Dr Paul A Bristow, hetp Chromatography
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal, Cumbria