From: Darin Adler (darin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-27 19:57:44

On 1/27/02 4:52 PM, "Douglas Gregor" <gregod_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I chose to place it in suffix.hpp because I didn't think we wanted any order
> dependencies between the compiler, standard library, and platform
> configuration macros, which BOOST_HAS_CTYPE_MACRO_WORKAROUND would require.

We already do have at least some order dependencies. I can research to find
exactly what they are if you want me to, but I can remember at least one in
the Macintosh world of metrowerks.hpp, msl.hpp, and macos.hpp.

> I personally think it would be better to have checks that are specific to
> compiler/platform/stdlib combinations in suffix.hpp than to put
> compiler-specific checks in, i.e., the platform includes. However, my second
> choice would be to put direct checks for GCC in bsd.hpp (and macos.hpp,
> though I can't verify anything on that platform).

Note that if we add this, it would be the only compiler-specific code in
suffix.hpp.

But I don't feel strongly about which fix is better. It's more important to
have the bug fixed than which fix we choose.

    -- Darin