From: Darin Adler (darin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-05 20:30:22

On 2/5/02 3:21 PM, "Daryle Walker" <darylew_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I don't think such a macro exists (yet). My compiler has the same problem.
> I propose the following names:
>
> BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_BASED_TEMPLATE_PARAMETERS
> An alternate name for Synge's idea
> BOOST_NO_TYPE_BASED_TEMPLATE_PARAMETERS
> Probably not needed, since types were the original template parameters
> BOOST_NO_VALUE_BASED_TEMPLATE_PARAMETERS
> In case values can't be taken (probably not needed today)

This sounds OK, but A word of caution. We explicitly do not try to make
Boost.Config macros for all compiler deficiencies. We just make them for
tests that are actually required for the implementation of Boost libraries.
So lets not define all three of these unless they are all actually needed.

    -- Darin