From: vesa_karvonen (vesa_karvonen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-06 06:50:34

--- In boost_at_y..., Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_a...> wrote:
> How many "design directions" are there for vectors? (In the
> terminology I think in the questions becomes something like "How
> many features are there in the feature model?")

The amount of distinct configurations is measured in the millions.

Of course, I'm talking about a slightly different thing. Namely the
concept of a sequence container.

Some additional directions:
- error checking & reporting (these are two different things)
- thread related issues
- iterator in/validation
- interface & performance issues (which operations to provide in
specified complexity bounds)

I can hardly think of a situation in which a standard container would
not be sub-optimal. If not for performance, then at least for
convenience of use. I'd particular like to see the following
operations as members:
- sequence_container.for_each()
- sequence_container.fold_left()
- sequence_container.fold_right()