From: vesa_karvonen (vesa_karvonen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-06 09:57:57

--- In boost_at_y..., Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine_at_p...> wrote:
[...]
> Why not be flexible:
[...]
> In school teacher can just tell, use <stl> for now.
> Or we can use them in some fast draft test projects.

Personally I think that providing composite headers is a good thing,
but I can think of a good reason to not provide them: The students of
today are supposed to be the experts of tomorrow.

In my experience, what actually happens, is that once the students
get out of school, the experts spend much of their time teaching the
students what their teacher failed to tell them.

> 1) provide good split headers for lovers of hand optimization

Unfortunately there are no tools that would do the optimization
automatically. Precompiled headers work only when headers do not
change. This is not how things work in the real world when building
large software projects.