From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-23 12:09:04

> in the document it says "A standard set of attributes is encouraged."
> i tried to address this in
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/filesystem/Attributes.html
> but noone was interested in discussing it :-(

Thanks for the pointer. It's easy enough to miss things on this list due to the
volume. After reading this, what I was saying in response to Bemans write-up is
that I believe to make workable and portable directory traversal programs the
is_directory and is_regular (how about is_file instead?) attributes need to be
guaranteed just like the name. Obviously if the file system doesn't have
directories there won't be any traversing, but the traversal program can find
that thru discovery since the attribute interface would be guaranteed.

Jeff