From: Stewart, Robert (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-08 11:43:49

From: Rainer Deyke [mailto:root_at_[hidden]]

Since printers and other devices appear in the filesystem as files, yes,
they should be accessible via such iteration. A *nix developer should be
able to get to everything in their filesystem.

The question becomes whether a Windows developer should have access to all
of the things that can appear in "Desktop" or whether this library should
restrict itself to files and directories. I don't think non-file,
non-directory objects should be accessible via a directory_iterator.

Rob
Susquehanna International Group, LLP
http://www.sig.com