From: danl_miller (danl_miller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-06 12:22:11

--- In boost_at_y..., "dmoore99atwork" <dmoore_at_a...> wrote:
> One thing I neglected to mention - while the interface is general,
> the implementation is one that can be used on non-POSIX platforms.
> POSIX platforms would probably just wrap the pthread barrier***
> functions.
>
> Dave

  There has been a quite lively discussion of Boost.threads library &
allied POSIX/pthread topics on the comp.std.c++ newsgroup in the past
week. I strongly suggest that all Boosters interested in
(explaining/defending, critiquing, or expanding) the current state of
Boost.threads read recent postings to the "C++ and threads"
(news-group-)thread. The "C++ and threads" thread & response-postings
have contained both praise & criticisms of the current state of
Boost.threads.

  If you do not have access to newsgroups in your local network
environment, you may view newsgroups at:

  http://groups.google.com/

  Specifically the comp.std.c++ newsgroup-thread mentioned in this
email can be viewed at:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=remove.haberg-0503021852200001%40du136-226.ppp.su-anst.tninet.se&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26group%3Dcomp.std.c%252B%252B