From: George A. Heintzelman (georgeh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-06 13:59:35

> The following Boost libraries are already on the committee's proposal list:
>
> 1) Header <cstdint>. (Tabled pending more comprehensive proposal from Bill
> Plauger.)
> 2) Type Traits.
> 3) Regular Expressions.
> 4) Smart Pointers.
> 5) Random Numbers.
> 6) Rational Numbers.
> 7) Threads.
>
> How about suggestions for perhaps six more Boost libraries to add to the
> list? Which of the remaining libraries are most "widely useful" for
> example?

As a user:

iterator_adaptors
bind
function

are incredibly useful and IMHO general enough to be part of a standard
in some form. I expect the new signals/slots will be, too, but I
haven't upgraded my local version to the release using it, so I haven't
used it yet.

I think the improvements in boost::functional should also make it into the standard functions of the same name that that library replaces, though that's not really a separate library.

George Heintzelman
georgeh_at_[hidden]