From: Yitzhak Sapir (ysapir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-06 15:21:39

After having experimented a little with the preprocessor library, I was
wondering if boost::bind could be implemented in terms of the
preprocessor library to allow for up to N arguments, defaulting to 9.
Not that I need anything beyond 3 argument or 4 argument functions, but
it seems like it'd be a perfect example of its use (even if a rather
hard one to implement, given bind's current complexity and the
complexity of writing things in PP).

Also, would it be possible to request that there be a wlexical_cast (and
perhaps a basic_lexical_cast) variant? A wlexical_cast would make use
of wstringstream, and a basic_lexical_cast would make use of an
interpreter passed as an argument, which allows specification of the
locale of the interpreter, and different char_t/char_traits_t types. I
use lexical_cast mostly to create wstrings, since most of my work is
with wstrings. So I made the wlexical_cast to eliminate having to do
widen() or losing precision all the time because of lexical_cast's
string return type. I made a basic_lexical_cast as a basic integration
but I haven't needed it yet (and then again, now that I have a
wlexical_cast, I don't really have a need for lexical_cast).