From: vesa_karvonen (vesa_karvonen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-08 08:05:51

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:
> From: "vesa_karvonen" <vesa_karvonen_at_h...>
> > --- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:

> Answered all at once:
>
> 1. Make sure there's a prominent link which describes the purpose
> of the R parameter. I ended up scouring through the other doc pages
> to figure that one out

...And the same for the D parameter. Ok, this should not be too
difficult. I'll just add a comment to specifically look for an
explanation of the R/D parameter with the link to BOOST_PP_FOR
()/BOOST_PP_WHILE().

> 2. Add an example to the page. Every single macro should come with a
> small example.
> 3. All examples should include not only the source text but the
> resulting expansion

I think that most macros already have these. For some macros, there
are no explicit examples, yet.

> 4. Provide more cross-references for definitions of terms. What's a
> Tuple? What's a List? Each time you mention tuple or list in the
> documentation, it would help to have a link to click.

Ok.

> It was difficult to translate the examples into something I could
> use.

hmm... There is an infinite amount of things that you can do with the
preprocessor library macros. Do you have some specific kinds of
examples in mind that you'd like to see?

> Yes, the examples I could find were also difficult to understand
> because they didn't show the intended results along with the source.

Ok.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll see what I can do.