From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-08 08:31:41

----- Original Message -----
From: "vesa_karvonen" <vesa_karvonen_at_[hidden]>

> --- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:
> > From: "vesa_karvonen" <vesa_karvonen_at_h...>
> > > --- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:
>
> > Answered all at once:
> >
> > 1. Make sure there's a prominent link which describes the purpose
> > of the R parameter. I ended up scouring through the other doc pages
> > to figure that one out
>
> ...And the same for the D parameter. Ok, this should not be too
> difficult. I'll just add a comment to specifically look for an
> explanation of the R/D parameter with the link to BOOST_PP_FOR
> ()/BOOST_PP_WHILE().

And PLEASE make it clear that I can just pass "ignore" for R in most
simple cases.

> > It was difficult to translate the examples into something I could
> > use.
>
> hmm... There is an infinite amount of things that you can do with the
> preprocessor library macros. Do you have some specific kinds of
> examples in mind that you'd like to see?

It's always nice when the example does exactly what I'm trying to do ;-)
but in general, I can't think of a specific kind of example that would
be more helpful than another. You could look at
boost/python/converter/from_python_data.hpp for what I ended up with.

-Dave