From: Phil Boyd (philboyd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-11 21:21:48

Quick read thru the article seems to indicate a Request for Discussion
followed by a vote. If the vote passes - then the group at Duke University
will initiate the newsgroup for us. Once that is done - it is up to the
various providers/ISPs as to whether they wish to subscribe to the
newsgroup.

On the other hand - it could be as simple as someone setting up an NNTP
server on their personal hw, and saying voila. Again it would be up to the
various NNTP providers as to whether they wished to propogate the group.

Moderated groups require an email address for the posting so the moderator
can deny or approve the posting.

I can check with my ISP and see if they are willing to initiate a newsgroup.
I don't think I can start one by hosting it on my box because I'm DHCP.

Phil Boyd, MCP
CPT, AR