From: dmoore99atwork (dmoore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-13 15:45:11

I'm trying to define what could/should happen if a barrier is
destroyed while other threads are still wait()ing on the barrier.

POSIX threads state that the impact on those threads is undefined.

I wanted to do some more reading on cancellation mechanics for
barriers to see if some solution that would throw a controlled
exception out of wait() in this case is possible.

Most of the references I can find to barriers on the web are from the
massively-parallel architecure field, and implementation strategies
for these architectures....

Does anyone know of the "seminal" paper for this concept?

Thanks,
Dave