From: simonwlb (conic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-13 18:02:30

--- In boost_at_y..., Braden McDaniel <braden_at_e...> wrote:
> Quoting Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_a...>:

Jam and
> > >other

> > it

You must be

> > >running a custom kernel.
> >
> > No, straight install from the distribution disk. Here is the
portion of
> > the script that does the mount:
> >
> > if ! mount -t smbfs //p-500/c /p-500; then
> > echo 'mount //p-500/c failed'
> > exit 1
> > fi
>
> Aha... You're using Samba rather than mounting them as NTFS
partitions.

> --
> Braden McDaniel e-mail:
braden_at_e...
> http://endoframe.com Jabber:
braden_at_j...

OK. I have now managed to build boost on my Linux machine. (You
should have seen the smile on my face!)

As a real newbie on Linux, I can't provide this group complete
information. But basically, I had used WinZip to unpack the
boost_1_27_0.tar.gz and then proceeded to work under some sort of
mounted Windows system on Linux. Errors abounded.

This morning I did the whole process on a Linux partition (using tar
to unpack boost). Instant success!

However my Windows system has been mounted on Linux, must not be
right for these tools.

Thanks everyone for all the support.

Simon.