From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-13 19:21:41

At 05:07 PM 3/13/2002, Braden McDaniel wrote:

>> No, straight install from the distribution disk. Here is the portion
of
>> the script that does the mount:
>>
>> if ! mount -t smbfs //p-500/c /p-500; then
>> echo 'mount //p-500/c failed'
>> exit 1
>> fi
>
>Aha... You're using Samba rather than mounting them as NTFS partitions.

Whatever works:-) I did it that way because I simply didn't know enough
about Linux to do it any other way. It was pretty impressive that I had a
operating system I'd never used before installed, gcc built, jam built, two
libraries built, a dozen programs built, and everything passing regression
tests in a day or so of work.

--Beman