From: simonwlb (conic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-14 00:24:27

--- In boost_at_y..., Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_a...> wrote:
> At 05:07 PM 3/13/2002, Braden McDaniel wrote:
>
> >> No, straight install from the distribution disk. Here is the
portion
> of
> >> the script that does the mount:
> >>
> >> if ! mount -t smbfs //p-500/c /p-500; then
> >> echo 'mount //p-500/c failed'
> >> exit 1
> >> fi
> >
> >Aha... You're using Samba rather than mounting them as NTFS
partitions.

> Whatever works:-) I did it that way because I simply didn't know
enough
> about Linux to do it any other way. It was pretty impressive that
I had a
> operating system I'd never used before installed, gcc built, jam
built, two
> libraries built, a dozen programs built, and everything passing
regression
> tests in a day or so of work.
>
> --Beman

OK this is hardly boost-related but...

I'm now linking my library (.a file) and libboost_thread.a into an
executable. Everything compiles but the linker isn't seeing pthread
stuff. Not suprising since I don't have a clue how to tell gcc to
link the MT runtime stuff. Can someone spoil me with the answer to
that one?

Simon