From: Rene Rivera (grafik666_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-14 00:29:13

On 2002-03-14 at 05:24 AM, conic_at_[hidden] (simonwlb) wrote:

>--- In boost_at_y..., Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_a...> wrote:

>portion
>> of

>> >Aha... You're using Samba rather than mounting them as NTFS
>partitions.
>>
>> Whatever works:-) I did it that way because I simply didn't know
>enough
>> about Linux to do it any other way. It was pretty impressive that
>I had a
>> operating system I'd never used before installed, gcc built, jam
>built, two
>> libraries built, a dozen programs built, and everything passing
>regression
>> tests in a day or so of work.
>>
>> --Beman
>
>OK this is hardly boost-related but...
>
>I'm now linking my library (.a file) and libboost_thread.a into an
>executable. Everything compiles but the linker isn't seeing pthread
>stuff. Not suprising since I don't have a clue how to tell gcc to
>link the MT runtime stuff. Can someone spoil me with the answer to
>that one?

I suggest you take a look at tools/build/gcc-tools.jam it has all the various
flags used for gcc. The one you are interested in is "-pthread".

If you are using boost.build for you compiles you would just add a
<threading>multi to your target :-) But I'm guessing you aren't using jam.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera_at_[hidden] - grafik_at_[hidden]
-- 102708583_at_icq - Grafik666_at_AIM - Grafik_at_[hidden]