From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-18 18:27:24

I think we can only find if the overflow problem is a serious practical
problem
but letting people try it - they HAVE been warned!

Paul

PS Nobody has responded to my query if the compiler can be
persuaded to insert checks (see CSR?) and do something on overflow.
All hardware can do something, if believe, but somehowC++ code (at least
portable code)
never uses this. Is this something Boost can help with?