From: joel de guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-21 22:41:41

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gennadiy Rozental"

> >> 7) Practically, if FACT! and Phoenix are portable to VC6, while LL is
> >> not, this is worth considering.
> >LL does compile with the current alpha version of MSVC. (there will of
> >course be VC6 users around for quite a while.)
>
> Does any of the libraries were compiled and tested on MSVC?

Right now Phoenix has been tested on:

    1)G++2.95
    2)G++3.0
    3)Comeau
    4)Intel
    5)Borland 5.5.1

Phoenix as a Spirit sub-project is very new. It has not been ported to MSVC
yet. However, it was implemented with MSVC-6 in mind. The code is very
straight forward and clean and uses the same techniques found in the
implementation of Spirit. Raghav Satish has just successfully ported Spirit
V1.3 to MSVC-6. Right now, Phoenix for MSVC is high in his priority list.

AFAIK, LL does not compile on Borland nor are there any plans to support
MSVC-6. FC++ does not compile on Borland nor MSVC. I am not
knowledgeable about FACT! MSVC/Borland support.

This is yet another reason for the existence of Phoenix. Since Spirit v1.1,
there are already many Spirit-MSVC users. MSVC support is a very high
priority.

Regards,
--Joel