From: Rene Rivera (grafik666_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-06 19:51:10

On 2002-06-06 at 04:05 PM, jamescurran_at_[hidden] (James Curran/MVP) wrote:

> However, this does point to a rather interesting dichotomy in our
>operations here...
>
> With compilers, we write to the most modern standard, begrudgingly
>support old compilers, and consider those to insist on using such old
>compilers as holding back progress.
>
> With email, we write to the oldest standard, scorn features supported
by
>more modern email package, and consider those who use those features as
>troublemakers... ;-)

Yea, I know I'm draging the point on, but...

For some of us it's not an issue of using outdated email programs. My
program is modern, has better scripting and filtering capabilities than
those provided by the bloated "modern" email programs. Yet it only supports
plain text, and if it did support anything other than plain text. I would
turn that off because it's an eminent security problem.

My inflated $0.02 ;-\

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera_at_[hidden] - grafik_at_[hidden]
-- 102708583_at_icq - Grafik666_at_AIM - Grafik_at_[hidden]