From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-25 04:07:59

Yes, I have finally managed to compile all the tests and bench files (and
concept) with MSVC.net Standard edition (no otpimisation) and all run OK and
debug and the bench tests in release. I am still working on the tests using
release mode. There is a modest speedup in release, factor of a few say for
some benchmarks, no change for others.

But I had to change several test properties and had great trouble with
test6.

/Zm1000 is enough for all.

However I suspect a fault in the compiler /Zm setting business.

Once the heap overflow is triggered, it seems to fail whatever the /Zm
setting.
(it doesn't start compiling, but immediately bombs out).
I got rather confused but eventually suceeded.
I think that restarting the session after changing to /Zm1000 is needed.
Perhaps a clean does it too - I was puzzled.

No warnings at level 3, but need to enable MS language extensions.
Prpper for conformance can be on.

I am still working on this.

Paul

Dr Paul A Bristow, hetp Chromatography