From: Greg Comeau (comeau_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-06 12:20:01

Some general comments:
* I would like to make Comeau C++ boost-friendly, and would like ideas
  to such an effect (notwithstanding the below, I don't have anything
  specific in mind, and as such, this is just an open-ended statement).

* Thanks to feedback from Jens and Giovanni, I will be making a number
  of enhancements to libcomo, and to como, and that should result in at
  least another 6 or so tests passing. And will look into any remaining
  issues at that point.

* Once I can bjam, and reproduce the compiler status page for como under
  at least Windows and LINUX, I expect to add to como (for Windows initially)
  support for a COMO_BOOST_BASE environment variable, which effectively
  will add a -I positionally after libcomo includes, and anything else
  necessary. That way, boost'ing with como can be automatic.
  Like COMO_LIB_BASE, it won't be required. If not set, it will see
  if there is a directory named 'boost' in the top level Comeau directory
  tree and implicitly add it. If this works out, I will have a
  similar capability worked into Comeau C++ for other platforms.

--
Greg Comeau       4.3.0 NEWS: New Windows Backends + 'export' IN JUNE!
Comeau C/C++ ONLINE ==>     http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout