From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-23 12:56:26

At 12:55 PM 7/23/2002, Douglas Gregor wrote:

>On Tuesday 23 July 2002 09:36 am, Beman Dawes wrote:
>> A beta has been posted at http://www.esva.net/~beman/jam_regr.html
>>
>> It only covers three compilers, but should be enough to get the flavor.
>>
>> Comments and suggestions appreciated.
>>
>> --Beman
>
>A few minor stylistic comments:
> 1) Could the cell backgrounds for each test be color-coded?
> Pass = Green
> Warn = Yellow
> Fail = Red
>
> IMHO, this makes errors really stand out
> This could be extended to color-coding for libraries, compilers,
and
>testcases (across all compilers)

Your color scheme is a bit bright for me:-) Take a look at the next update
of the table (in an hour or two) - I've changed the "Warn" font color to
orange. Yellow didn't stand out enough against the white background.

> 2) Could all the tests for each library be grouped? (e.g., don't repeat

>the name "concept_check" 4 times, just have a larger cell)

Your rowspan sample certainly looks nice! I'll see if it can be duplicated
easily.

>If we could get nightly testing I would be a very happy coder indeed :)

I'm now set to run every morning when the machine boots. The exact
schedule (as well as details like filenames, URL's, etc) will change, but
we should be getting test updates very regularly. I'll also add more
compilers as the kinks get worked out.

--Beman