From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-13 10:24:26

"Mat Marcus" <mmarcus_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

>The point is that I prefer not to write the template and the
two specializations. These specializations get repeated over
and over to detect the end of a type list. Higher order
metafunctions like fold abstract this repetition. This is not
to say that one should never pattern match. But I can't agree
that such code is "abominable". Nor is it relying on any
misguided analogies with runtime code, nor is it less
functional. Please express your opinions on these matters, but
let's tone down the rhetoric here.<

I agree with you. However, the example you gave is not a proof that we need
multiple type containers.

Andrei