From: Mattias Flodin (flodin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-30 09:00:42

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 09:05:08PM +0800, Joel de Guzman wrote:
> May I also add the requirement that the target language should be
>
> --> formally defined in (E)BNF
> --> easily parsable
> --> easily generatable

Could you also offer a motivation for these requirements? Is even XML
formally defined in EBNF?

I have created a page on the Wiki to maintain the list of requirements
(I did not add yours yet, Joel) and other points that are agreed upon.
Actually, I took the liberty to turn it into an attempt at summarizing
not only this but other discussions on the list, hopefully to avoid some
redundancy and record the results as rationale for future generations.

The address is
http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Discussion_Overviews

The categorization is rather ad-hoc but I think it turned out easier to
read that way. Feel free to add points that seem reasonably agreed upon,
or to reorganize the existing information. But I think it's best if
discussion remains here, and doesn't bleed over onto the wiki pages. :)

/Mattias

--
Mattias Flodin <flodin_at_[hidden]>  -  http://www.cs.umu.se/~flodin/
Room NADV 102