From: David Bergman (davidb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-30 20:35:16

Hi, all.

I used to do *a lot of* LaTeX macroing back then, and can probably catch
up if noone else volunteers ;-)

Does anyone have an idea of what macros we would need (the actual
enumeration could be stolen from some existing C++ "literation" system,
such as Doxygen(?))?

Such a (wish) list would be helpful anyway. Of course, the list should
be in a highly abstract syntax (i.e., no "\begin{classheader}[3]{}...")
so we can either (1) implement the list (in LaTeX or other) or (2) check
the presence of those constructs in an existing macro package (again,
Doxygen?)

I would prefer naming the list "Tag List" to not confuse it with the
programming macro facilities found in C++.

In the absence of such a list, I would probably steal some common tags
from Javadoc and Doxygen and add some other template-specific tags. One
important note, from Bill and others, is that a "literate programming
system" should enable inserting documentation tags in the middle of
methods, which affect the set of tags in the "Tag List".

It feels terrible referring to Doxygen when I have never touched it. I
just hope it is as close to Javadoc as I extrapolate from the
discussion...

David "Why Develop When You Can Document" Bergman