From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-01 16:42:32

On Friday 01 November 2002 01:55 pm, David B. Held wrote:
> P.S. I like the documentation discussion, but hope that some consensus
> is reached soon, so I know what tools to look for and learn.

It looks like it will be either DocBook or LaTeX, but we won't know until we
have prototypes each and can make an informed decision. We don't want to make
the wrong choice here, because it will require a significant amount of effort
for developers to change to a new documentation style (we _don't_ want to do
it twice).

FWIW, the LaTeX prototype would have to be pretty amazing to get my vote. I've
been using DocBook as the target of the my own prototype and have found it to
work very well. DocBook is a good intermediate format, because it is easy to
parse, generate, and transform.

        Doug