From: Larry Evans (jcampbell3_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-01 21:58:53

Stephen Davies wrote:

>First I would like to say that I am really glad that people are trying
>Synopsis. Until David started working with me, it had not seen major use
>outside of its original parent project, Berlin aka Fresco.
>
>On Sat, 2002-11-02 at 08:04, Larry Evans wrote:
>

>>David Abrahams wrote:
>>
>>I'm having some problems with it. The Synopsis-0.4.1 version doesn't
>>compile std headers right:
>>

>0.4.1 is very old and a lot has changed since then. Once things
>stabilize after all these efforts to better support Boost.Python, and
>some things I am working on for Fresco's new website, I will release a
>new version.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to using it. I may even try
some hacking myself. I'm thinking that OpenC++ might
be a good way to prototype changes to the language.

>>I downloaded the cvs version, but you need to set the PYTHONPATH
>>environment variable before it works; yet, that's not documented in the
>>README. Also, the install doesn't install all the required modules.
>>

>Apologies, I don't install it very often and it hasn't been packaged for
>a while, a process which usually picks up these things. I have added the
>missing files to the Makefiles. Please tell me if I missed any!

Thanks. As I noted in a previous post, it looks OK, but I didn't look
that closely and haven't tested. As noted in my previous response to
David, I was thinking that use of $(wildcard *.py) would relieve
the overworked :) maintainer from having to remember so many
details.