From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-03 16:52:51

At 02:04 AM 11/2/2002, Daryle Walker wrote:

>Can we use automation to help us? We could use CVS to print all the
>changes to every file (as well as file adds and removals) in commit
>order and use that as a template to remind developers for the change
>notes.

There are several programs available which do that. But the problem is
that they don't distinguish between trivial changes and important
changes. Also, the output samples I've seen have been way too voluminous.

I have the sense that it would be possible to build a custom automatic
change log report for Boost that would serve at least some of our needs.
Any volunteers?

--Beman