From: David Sankel (camio_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-03 01:29:29

Hello,

  Browsing the Boost.Python documentation, I've begun
to wonder why they python library should be a part of
boost.

  It seems to me that the boost.python library is
primarily in existence to extend python. Is python
even a standardized language?

  It just seems to me that decisions made about the
slews of networking libraries are not consistant with
the python addition.

  Quoting from the website:

One goal is to establish "existing practice" and
provide reference implementations so that the Boost
libraries are suitable for eventual standardization.

  It seems to me that boost.python belongs more in the
python camp than in the std c++ camp.

I'd love to be convinced otherwise,

David J. Sankel