From: Stas Fomin (stas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-03 06:16:28

> > This sample works if "typedef ublas::matrix<double> Mat;"
> > and does not work with "typedef
> ublas::sparse_matrix<double,ublas::column_major> Mat";
>
> I understand. This is probably a bug in the 1_29_0 release: I've just tested
> that change against the CVS version and see the same results as in the dense
> case.
 Yes. I just upgrade to CVS version,
 and this sample works (compiled GCC 3.1 and MSVC 6.0).

>>Which compiler are you using?
    GCC 3.1 under Cygwin and MSVC 6.0.

> Sorry for inconvenience. If you upgrade to the CVS version, you may also
> consider to use the new coordinate_matrix implementing Fortran COO storage
> layout.
Thanks, I would try it.

> > I write reading matrices from files in some sparsed formats
> (MatrixMarket, MPS).
> > I will implement one-pass reading, so the number of rows, columns and
> nonzeros
> > are not known in advance.
>
> I've just rechecked MatrixMarket format and they usually provide rows,
> column and nonzeros in a header record?!
 Yes, there are no such problems with MatrixMarket, but with "MPS Stream Format"
(a de facto standard for mathematical programming software).

> I'd like to invite you to the recently founded ublas-dev mailing list, if
> you'd be interested. There we could discuss such usage and maybe development
> related question.
I glad to be invited.
How to subscribe?

                            Thanks all for support,