From: Joerg Walter (jhr.walter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-04 04:42:13

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stas Fomin" <stas_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] UBLAS: preserving matrix resize.

> > > This sample works if "typedef ublas::matrix<double> Mat;"
> > > and does not work with "typedef
> > ublas::sparse_matrix<double,ublas::column_major> Mat";
> >
> > I understand. This is probably a bug in the 1_29_0 release: I've just
tested
> > that change against the CVS version and see the same results as in the
dense
> > case.

After one more thought: this is an artificial restriction in the 1_29_0
release. Thanks to Michael Stevens for resolving it.

> Yes. I just upgrade to CVS version,
> and this sample works (compiled GCC 3.1 and MSVC 6.0).

Please be especially careful regarding the MSVC 6.0 code pathes. I'm mainly
developing with GCC and Intel under Linux now and 6.0 is way to broken ;-)

> >>Which compiler are you using?
> GCC 3.1 under Cygwin and MSVC 6.0.
>

> > Sorry for inconvenience. If you upgrade to the CVS version, you may also
> > consider to use the new coordinate_matrix implementing Fortran COO
storage
> > layout.
> Thanks, I would try it.
>

> > > I write reading matrices from files in some sparsed formats
> > (MatrixMarket, MPS).
> > > I will implement one-pass reading, so the number of rows, columns and
> > nonzeros
> > > are not known in advance.
> >
> > I've just rechecked MatrixMarket format and they usually provide rows,
> > column and nonzeros in a header record?!
> Yes, there are no such problems with MatrixMarket, but with "MPS Stream
Format"
> (a de facto standard for mathematical programming software).
>
> > I'd like to invite you to the recently founded ublas-dev mailing list,
if
> > you'd be interested. There we could discuss such usage and maybe
development
> > related question.
> I glad to be invited.
> How to subscribe?

Here's the link: groups.yahoo.com/groups/ublas-dev

Regards

Joerg