From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-16 10:39:47

> >test_fp_comparisons IS failing on all compilers for now. It shows some
> >problems with comparison alsorithm. I will take a closer look after
> >release.
>
> Maybe you could take a quick look sooner? We aren't going to branch for
> release until Monday, and the release won't happen for some time after
> that. The whole point of the schedule is to allow time to fix lately
> discovered problems.

The thing is that I do not know yet what the problem is.
The following should work but it does not:

double tmp = 11; // no rounding error
tmp /= 10; // one rounding error

double fp1 = tmp; // no rounding errors
double fp2 = 11./100; // one rounding error
double tolerance = std::numeric_limits<FPT>::epsilon() * (4)/2; // one
rounding error; 4 - total number of rounding errors

BOOST_CHECK_CLOSE( fp1, fp2, tolerance ) should work but it does not

I will need to investigate it with more details.

Gennadiy.