From: Anthony Williams (anthony.williamsNOSPAM_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-25 09:31:27

I've been convincing my fellow workmates to use boost, and have encountered a
problem with 1.30.0 and the regex lib.

We're using VC7 on Win2000.

The regex headers expect the lib files to have a specific name ---
e.g. boost_regex_vc7_mssd.lib --- for automatic linking using
#pragmas. However, the libraries built with bjam don't follow the correct
naming convention, they are called things like libboost_regex.lib and
boost_regex_debug.lib in directories identified with the build options. Using
the supplied vc7.mak makefile builds libraries with the correct names.

Apologies if this has been raised before and is already fixed in CVS, but
would it be possible to change the jamfile to build libraries with the correct
names?

Thanks,

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams
Senior Software Engineer, Beran Instruments Ltd.