From: Michael Glassford (glassfordm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-30 11:44:48

I finally got a chance to look at this a little, and had a couple of
questions/comments:

John Torjo wrote:

<snip>

>> I'll be working on the documentation the following days.

1) How is this going?

>> --
>> John Torjo

<snip>

2) I notice that when the "Debug" button in the Win32 assertion dialog is
pressed, it breaks into the debugger deep inside smart_assert code. Any
chance of moving the debug-break out into the SMART_ASSERT macro? I suppose
this would be done by making the handler return values that specify standard
actions (do nothing, break into debugger, abort, etc.).

3) I've always wanted an assertion that would evaluate the condition and
fire when the enclosing block exits instead of immediately (i.e., a
postcondition). I realize this would have to work in an entirely different
way from a standard assertion, in that it would require the condition to be
a boost::bind type function or boost::lambda type expression that could be
evaluated later. Something like a ScopeGuard that evaluates to an assertion,
in fact. Do you have any interest in pursuing this? I'd be glad to help, if
I can.

Mike