From: Bohdan (gejrlaug_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-02 05:29:29

"E. Gladyshev" <egladysh_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > Are you aware that the pImpl idiom is used for many
> > different things
>

> I think that any industry standard TEMPLATE library
> should be designed in terms of modern C++. The
> compilation time should NOT be considred as an issue.
> Compilers are getting better, computers faster...
> boost should be setting programming standards not
> laging behind trying to accomodate some specific h/w
> requirements.

You forgot one small thing ... development time
is very serious issue for programming.
If my work will be 10% coding/thinking and 90%
drinking coffee ... i prefer change my profession
to coffee taster :) Development speed is even
more important for developing GUI programs.
In most cases GUI program starts as something
small and can be developed/supported during
many years ...
    Do you want to write excellent,
scalable, flexible, ... library that nobody wants
to use just because current computer-compiler
technology is not good enough for your lib ?
   IMHO (not offensive) your ideas are too tied to
"new ideas" fashion in modern c++. They(ideas) are
good, very good unfortunately not always.
  Please have mercy for people using
poor modern compilers :).

regards,
bohdan