From: Philippe A. Bouchard (philippe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-03 20:04:07

brock wrote:

[...]

> Having a library with an interface that
> leverages the advantages of modern C++ saves me a lot more time than
> what I spent making the library.

That is true. Maintenance is important also.

[...]

> I've been proposing, something like:
>
> gui_manager<employee> app = row( "name", edit(&employee::ssn));
>
> app.set_data(get_employee());
>
> It is in the files section with the name boost_gui.zip. If someone
> would at least tell me that my ideas stink I would feel better :)

Yeah... I am not a Boost consultant but here goes a little overview:

- You're "boost_gui/Functors.h" is already defined in <functional>... partly
specialize it.

- "boost_gui_test/dialog.cpp" is pretty cool... I like it for its simplicity
but the syntax could be even more elegant. Try some operator << instead of
a macro defined number of parameters. Nobody likes this idea.

- Work on the macro defined WxWindows signal / slot mechanism; this is ugly.
Maybe the suggestions I've sent to Mr. Slettebo could help.

[...]

Philippe