From: Bohdan (gejrlaug_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-07 15:33:37

"E. Gladyshev" <egladysh_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Not exactly, STL has some implmentation specific .cpp
> files, is it a template library?

Yes it is, but AFAIK it doesn't have cpp files.
std::streams really have cpp files and are part of standart,
but if i don't mind they are not part of STL. Am i wrong ?

> I repeat the gui library itself will contain headers
> only (NO .cpp files).

    ... Here you are telling NO CPP in your library.

> All the cpp files will be
> platform dependant that should be considered as
> customizations of the pure template library.

  ... And here you are telling that there will be
some (platform dependant).

Do you mean there will be two libraries/layers ?

> The
> customizations could be even put in another namespace.

regards,
bohdan