From: Michael van der Westhuizen (Michael.vanderWesthuizen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-17 03:45:27

Nice work.

I'm a little concerned that a lot of the concepts
that are being wrapped up (notus/gdi/bitmap.hpp) are
not portable concepts. The idea of a HBITMAP being
wrapped up with detail namespaces and typedefs etc.
for source compatibility is very nice... but... I
have my doubts about how portable it is (X, Carbon).

I think a lot of rework would be avoided by doing
the initial proof of concept work in parallel on
Win32, X and Mac. These three platforms are so
radically different any Win32 conceptual hangovers
would be identified early.

The design docs look good. What does remain to be
seen is how message despatching (X event loop,
Win32 API message handlers, Mac??) works across
platforms.

Michael