From: E. Gladyshev (egladysh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-19 12:06:04

--- Michael van der Westhuizen <Michael.vanderWesthuizen_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I think a lot of rework would be avoided by doing
> the initial proof of concept work in parallel on
> Win32, X and Mac. These three platforms are so
> radically different any Win32 conceptual hangovers
> would be identified early.

Sorry, I'd like to duplicate my post to the notus mailing
list here.

----
We've added wx support to the notus sample.
The files are in CVS.
It was my first experience with wx.
I was a bit suprised how easy it was to build
the implementation traits for basic window
functionality in wx.  It took me about 4 nights
including the installation/configuration/learning.
The only difference between the wx and win32 versions
in the sample code is that it includes
the "platform/wx/policies.hpp" header for wx
and "platform/win32/policies.hpp" for win32.
The compiler switch is PLATFORM_WX in notus_test.cpp
#if defined(PLATFORM_WX)
#include "notus/platform/wx/policies.hpp"
#else
#include "notus/platform/win32/policies.hpp"
#endif
Please note:
The sample code is still under the test/platfrom/win32 folder.
I'll move it to a platfrom independed location eventually.
I don't have a Linux installation yet. So it'd be
nice if someone could try it out on Linux.
The sample uses bitmaps that are defined as
application resources.  I don't know
if Linux supports it.
Sometime this week, I will make a binary
release of this sample for wx on win32.
Eugene