From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-26 10:20:13

Alexander Terekhov <terekhov_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>>
>> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>> > Dave A. should better fix the C++ std instead of hacking with MS SEH.

>> > A) WG21 mandates 2-phase EH
>>
>> Please don't go around announcing what I "should better fix" at least
>> until you've written a real proposal for whatever you think is better
>> than the status quo. Trying to convince the world that _I_ should be
>> responsible for pushing some idea I don't even understand
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> You do. At this point. I'm pretty sure. C'mon, it's time to concede.

No, really, I don't. Nobody has *ever* explained to me what "2-phase
EH" means.

>> through the
>> committee without being willing to carefully explain it and defend its
>> superiority is truly despicable.
>
> Maybe. I see it as kinda "cheap outsourcing". ;-)

In that case, please go away(**). The attempt to use public
perception and political pressure to get me to do your work for you
demonstrates a complete lack of professional integrity on your part.

(**)a polite term for how I really feel about this.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting