From: Dan W. (danw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-09 16:13:18

Phil Richards wrote:
> Indeed (though ISO have added "bel" and something else that I can't
> remember). It should be pointed out that when the phrase "Dimensional
> Analysis" is used with respect to "quantities", it pretty much *only* ever
> means "physics-related" - I recommend a google or vivisimo search. (I
> have tried to find some other place that "dimensional analysis" is
> performed that doesn't used the normal set, but have yet to find it...
> that's just probably bad eyesight.)

And what percentage of C++ programmers are actually using those
physics-only libraries?

Just the fact that dimensional analysis is so applicable to so many
areas presents a golden opportunity to come up with something more
general and useful to all of us.

And what reasoning could possibly justify that SI units should NOT be a
data file that works with a dimensional analysis core library, but that
it 'should' be hard-wired into it?

danw