From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-15 22:49:48

At 04:11 PM 2/13/2004, Misha Bergal wrote:
>Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> All of our formats are also painfully slow on less than broadband
>> connections if you try to drill down to see a specific failure.
>
>* Summary page is 60K and is OK.
>
>* Results page is 800K and might need to be split (or optimized). I
> think it will be helpful to have to have split and non-split one.
>
>* Regression test logs (links.html) file is > 4MB and definetely needs
> to be split. I've locally patched the reports to split big
> regression test logs (links.html) file to have one file per test.
>
> If this looks OK to everybody I will check the modifications in and
> inform other regression runners, so they can modify their upload
> scripts to reflect the changes.

I'd have to test to see if it is feasible for my ISDN line. My gut feeling
is that that many files would have to be zipped up for uploading, and then
unzipped on the SourceForge site. We would also have to have a way to clear
out old files as tests or compilers were eliminated.

OTOH, I do think we need to make changes, so encourage you to experiment.

--Beman