From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-30 06:39:44

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 12:09:38PM +0100, John Maddock wrote:

> I'm seeing the same errors as Victor: checking on sourceforge I see :
>
> ( 2004-04-29 14:11:35 - Project CVS Service ) As of 2004-04-28 the CVS
> services will no longer function with the hostname of
> cvs.PROJECTNAME.sourceforge.net. You should change your CVS commands to use
> the host cvs.sourceforge.net and that should resolve any outstanding issues
> that you may have. This issue came about as a result of upgrading from BIND
> 8 to BIND 9 which doesn't allow for a wildcard in the middle of a hostname.
>
> Which I think is the problem, unfortunately I think this also breaks my
> existing working copy completely, because the hostname is coded inside the
> CVS project files all over the place isn't it?

Yes, but that's easy to fix (on unix-like systems):

CVSROOT=":pserver:anonymous_at_[hidden]:/cvsroot/boost"
find . -name CVS -type d | while read dir; do
    test -f $dir/Root && echo "$CVSROOT" > $dir/Root
done

Setting CVSROOT as appropriate, and possibly doing a "cvs login" again
if you're using anon :pserver: access.

jon

--
"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority,
 it is time to reform."