From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-13 04:19:00

"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> [...]
http://www.boost.org/libs/test/doc/components/test_tools/reference/index.html

It isn't obvious that this is where to look for this info. You have the
"Test Tools" listed on the same level as the various "monitors".
I'm not even sure why there is more than one kind of monitor, but
it makes it difficult to navigate the docs.

> And you definetly shouldn't look into headers.

Then what's this all about:

http://www.boost.org/boost/test/test_tools.hpp

> [...]
http://www.boost.org/libs/test/doc/components/unit_test_framework/parameters/index.html

Is there a way to get there from here:

http://www.boost.org/libs/test/doc/components/unit_test_framework/index.html

If so, I can't find it. At least not without perusing every last line of
the
docs. Is there a more obvious way to get to that page?

> [...]
> http://www.boost.org/libs/test/doc/compilation.html and here
> http://www.boost.org/libs/test/doc/usage/generic.html#t3
> [...]

These links say so little as to be unhelpful. For instance, if I chose
to link to a library version of the Unit Test Framework for a test
suite for a Boost library, what is the best way to do that? The name
of the compiled library includes the Boost version number, so
should that be hard-coded into the Jam file, or is there a way
to make Jam aware of what version we're dealing with? Should
Jam assume that this library is in the default installation location?
These are the kinds of questions that seem like they would be
fairly common to Boost library authors. Are other libraries just
including the sources directly?

Dave

---