From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-13 03:17:35

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

> > Program Options
> > ///////////////
> >
> > Vladimir Prus writes:
> >
> > 1. Add markup for the current failures on Windows. I've done all
> > workarounds I planned.

Done.

> > 2. Finally get some results on gcc2.95-stlport. I expect that the library
> > should work there, but due to Boost.Test failure I don't have any
> > results.

Not done. In fact, most of the program_option tests suddenly fail now on
Linux. Moreover, *lots* of other library fail too. BGL is almost red/yellow,
and even smart_ptr fails most tests. Seems a configuration problem.

> > 3. Try to make Sun compiler happy. I'm comitted a workaround
> > some time ago, but tests on Solaris were not run since then.

Consider this postponed. I might get it working or might not, but this is not
release critical.

> > 4. Check dynamic linking on Windows.

There are problems.

1. VC7.1 can't find one symbol
2. Intel tests seems to crash at runtime or don't start at all. I'd
appreciated if you let me know what exactly happens
3. Comeau does not understand __declspec

This might take some time -- Fri 15 is more or less realistic. OTOH, this
should not block branch for release -- fixes for this problems are very
local.

- Volodya