From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-14 02:30:45

Vladimir Prus writes:

> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>
>> > Program Options
>> > ///////////////
>> >
>> > Vladimir Prus writes:
>> >
>> > 1. Add markup for the current failures on Windows. I've done all
>> > workarounds I planned.
>
> Done.

What about Metrowerks Codewarrior? Do you plan to mark it unusable?
>From a quick glance, the errors seem to be legitimate.

>> > 2. Finally get some results on gcc2.95-stlport. I expect that the library
>> > should work there, but due to Boost.Test failure I don't have any
>> > results.
>
> Not done. In fact, most of the program_option tests suddenly fail now on
> Linux. Moreover, *lots* of other library fail too. BGL is almost red/yellow,
> and even smart_ptr fails most tests. Seems a configuration problem.

It was; fixed now. I suppose "not done" means you are still in the
process?

>> > 3. Try to make Sun compiler happy. I'm comitted a workaround
>> > some time ago, but tests on Solaris were not run since then.
>
> Consider this postponed. I might get it working or might not, but this is not
> release critical.

OK.

>> > 4. Check dynamic linking on Windows.
>
> There are problems.
>
> 1. VC7.1 can't find one symbol

Same for many Intel tests, it seems. Do you need any help figuring it
out?

> 2. Intel tests seems to crash at runtime or don't start at all. I'd
> appreciated if you let me know what exactly happens

I'll take a look at it after MPL is in the CVS.

> 3. Comeau does not understand __declspec

Probably missing some configuration option from the command line. Any
experts to step in?

> This might take some time -- Fri 15 is more or less realistic. OTOH, this
> should not block branch for release -- fixes for this problems are very
> local.

OK, noted.

Thanks for the report,

--